As PEPFAR completes its support for direct service delivery in Vietnam, technical assistance plays a critical role in strengthening and sustaining a locally-driven HIV response. The USAID Sustainable HIV Response From Technical Assistance (SHIFT) project is facilitating demand-driven technical assistance through the TA Marketplace. The USAID SHIFT TA Marketplace provides:
- Standardized procedures and tools to request, assign, deliver, monitor, evaluate, and ensure the quality and impact of demand-driven TA
- A pool of qualified TA providers available to respond to demand-driven requests through high quality TA that is appropriate to the context and need
- Support and guidance to ensure that TA requests align with USAID Vietnam and PEPFAR priorities
- A website through which local HIV stakeholders can select TA providers and submit TA requests
REQUESTING TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE
USAID has selected local HIV stakeholders eligible to request project-funded technical assistance through the TA Marketplace. The project will notify eligible national and provincial government partners and community-based organizations and provide hands-on assistance to develop request scopes-of-work (R-SOWs). When doing so, the local stakeholder organization can search for and select its preferred TA provider, including by searching the online TA Provider Directory.
The project will submit complete R-SOWs to USAID for review and, if approved, engage the selected TA provider to deliver the requested services. In addition to facilitating the TA request process, the USAID SHIFT project is providing local stakeholders with insights on highest priority technical domains that align with USAID, PEPFAR, and national HIV program strategies.
Technical and operational experts form the cornerstone of the USAID SHIFT TA Marketplace. The project engages, vets and enrolls individuals and organizations eligible to provide technical assistance in the online TA Provider Directory. The Directory ensures that local HIV stakeholders have access to the full repertoire of knowledge and skills needed to strengthen and sustain the HIV response in Vietnam. Enrollment requires completing a standardized biographical data form, describing areas of expertise relevant to the HIV response, and sharing curriculum vitae for potential TA providers.
Register to provide TA or view registered TA providers. Vietnamese local national individuals and organizations are especially encouraged to register. Individuals receiving compensation from the Government of Vietnam will require special authorization for enrollment.
As the HIV response in Vietnam evolves, USAID SHIFT works closely with local stakeholders, including the Vietnam Administration for HIV/AIDS Control, to identify and prioritize domains in greatest need of technical support. These include:
- Consolidating and strengthening HIV care and treatment systems and services, particularly to enable and scale-up social health insurance coverage for HIV services
- Expanding people living with HIV (PLHIV) enrollment and retention on antiretroviral therapy
- Reducing stigma and discrimination towards PLHIV
- Promoting sustainable financing for the HIV response
- Integrating health information systems to support social health insurance scale-up for HIV
For additional information please email email@example.com.